Many students get the munchies when they’re anxiously studying, so as exam season comes up having a plate of snacks by your side as you do your reviews would be mighty helpful! It doesn’t take long to prepare and a batch can definitely last you awhile. This classic tried and tested dessert is perfect for yourself, or to bring to a post-exam party as they will definitely capture the hearts of all your guests, even the picky ones. Get yourself some brownie points even before you walk into that exam hall!
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 tspn of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tspn baking powder
- ¼ tspn salt
- ½ cup of chocolate chips/walnut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 9in pan.
- In a bowl mix oil, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs.
- In a different bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add egg mixture.
- Still till it’s blended well.
- Add optional ingredients.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes
- Let cool for a couple of minutes, then cut into squares.
This dessert is simple and easy to make. It is a recipe that simply cannot go wrong, for any occasion. Feel free to customize the brownies to make them more interesting or fitting for the season! Good luck on your exams!
Article by: Alina Hussain
Featured photo: Food Network