If you’re anything like me, then you can probably eat banana bread ALL the time. It’s a dessert that you can never get bored of. Although it is the time of New Year’s Resolutions and cutting back on sweet treats, this classic dessert is one we can all make an exception for. I have tried my fair share of banana breads – from Starbucks to Blue Chip, yet I always go back to this recipe.
- 3-4 ripe bananas (I use 4)
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 ½ cup flour
- Optional – handful of chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
- Mash bananas with melted butter.
- Add sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt. Then stir the batter..
- Lastly, add the flour and chocolate chips or chopped walnuts (optional). Stir.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
This dessert pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea. It is a simple dessert and will definitely be a crowd pleaser amongst everyone. It is the perfect dessert for any occasion. I have literally made this for everyone in my family and brought it for so many dinners and people still haven’t gotten bored of it! It’s now time for you to step up your baking game and impress everyone with this heavenly banana bread!
Article by: Alina Hussain
Article photo: Inspired Taste
Featured photo: Simply Recipes